Landlord Building & Contents Insurance
Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance
The contract can be used to provide household insurance where you are a private individual and the property that you own is rented out under a tenancy agreement directly between the Landlord and each tenant.
The property can be insured where it is occupied by a single family, or no more than 6 individual tenants. Acceptable tenants include students and those who fund their rent through the Benefits Agency.
Types of Cover available
• Combined Buildings and Furnished Contents insurance
• Combined Buildings and Unfurnished Contents insurance
• Buildings only cover
• Accidental damage cover is also available
• Cover is not available in respect of valuables or personal possessions
• Accidental damage cover is not available with unfurnished contents
• You cannot insure Contents only cover
• Home Emergency and Legal Expenses cover is not available
• Rental Guarantee cover is not available
Benefits and Cover Limits
• No Claim discount available up to 30% for claim free periods up to 5 years
• Monthly contract and will automatically continue on payment of each premium
• Premiums paid monthly in advance by direct debit
• Buildings Insurance – £300,000 max
• Furnished contents – £40,000 max
• Unfurnished contents – £10,000 max
• Furnished and Unfurnished contents cover can only be insured with Buildings cover
• An additional premium is payable for accidental damage cover
• A maximum of 10 buildings owned can be insured, each requiring a separate policy.